Saturday 28 January 2012

Thoughts, fears & angst of CHUCK final Ep.

Bloggers Note: The following is an edited extract from a comment I made on the CHUCK THIS Blog and it sort of sums up my thoughts, feelings and even trepidation going in the CHUCK finale so I thought I might re-post here on Cheerful Symmetry...

Coming into the final two episodes of CHUCK you maybe worried about how things may turn out for our favourite spy couple and the rest of the gang, I know I am. But you must remember it really is a natural response to cast your mind back to halcyon days of old and remember the good times especially when it comes to the things we love like CHUCK.

The danger of this is we often miss the great stuff happening right in front of us, we often say we want to live in the moment but how many of us actually do that? I don’t … I wish I could but I just don’t seemed to be wired that way.
I am very much experiencing the gut churning feeling with this Chuck finale lead-up. I liken it very much to riding a roller-coaster… you go up, you down and you even feel like your guts will shoot out your mouth (sorry for the visual). However it is not until I step safely out of the coaster and back on solid ground that I will appreciate what a thrill and experience the ride was because on the journey I was absolutely packing it!
So guess what I am saying is I don’t know how I will feel about the final plot until after the finale. Right now I feel as deflated as I was after “Fear of Death” but that was followed up by “Phase Three” which was so freaking amazing.
I have been told numerous times on twitter by some really great people I respect (Kev, Faith/Jem and Dren to name a few) that the angst, pain and fear are just as important emotional experiences as the love, hope and excitement. This is true, in-fact they make you appreciate the good times so much more. Often it is not all until after the story has gone its full arc that we appreciate what we initially felt worst about is actually the best told part of the narrative.
I however have never been the most patient of souls… to give an example I am pretty big Star Wars fan and If I had to wait those 3 years between Empire Strikes Back and the initial release of Return of the Jedi I would have been a shot duck! Thank god I was born in the 80’s and didn’t have to wait…but I digress. 
Hindsight is always a good thing to have, these 91 episodes of Chuck are not going anywhere and we can go back to them whenever we feel the need. My feelings about certain Chuck episodes have changed over time and no doubt will continue to do so.
I can guarantee that Chuck still has me feeling some intense and visceral emotions; I am just as invested in the characters…in Chuck and Sarah as I ever have been. So the CHUCK finale is just hours away and I am ready to throw myself into the unknown in the hope, no in the knowledge that Chuck and Sarah will come through for me like they always have for each other and the ones they love!!
 Thank You Chuck and farewell…



Pic edit credit to the remarkable @jenaybelle

PS: What better way to say farewell and Thank You Chuck  then to watch this vid by @dren_lla, he is far too modest to say so but he really captured the vibe of the CHUCK fan and our joy in CHUCK enriching our lives and the sorrow that it is leaving us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment