Friday 30 December 2011

Songs for the mystery that is Sarah...

Hi Guys,

Short post on the back of Five Chunks of Chuck review...

I just wanted to share these couple of songs that remind me about our favourite sexy kick-ass ninja spy Sarah Walker (Bartowski) considering we are less than a day out from Chuck Versus The Baby, which could possibly be the next great Sarah mythology episode of CHUCK.

Sarah by Eskimo Joe

Great Song by this Aussie band coming from Fremantle in Western Australia. It talks of girl of mystery called Sarah and it seems Chuck could easily be singing this song about Agent Walker right from when he first met her in Season 1. I mean the first line of the song is ...Sarah, won't you tell me your name!!

Recommended listening after Chuck versus The Wookie

Sarah, Won't you tell me your name?

I don't know if anyone asked me the reason I lied... she sighed





Radioactive by Kings of Leon


I had heard this song previously but It wasn't until I saw the KOL live in concert last month that this song really resonated with me. Seeing the song performed live was such a visceral, emotional and raw experience. Can't really explain fully but the song reminds me of Sarah and the Sarah-centric CHUCK episodes so very much.

Perhaps because she keeps her life before the CIA so guarded and secret even from Chuck. But you can never really escape your past, after all it's where you came from!

Chuck like most of us doesn't totally understand why Sarah keeps her past so secretive; he has grown to love Sarah Walker for everything she is and stands for. So it is only natural he wants her to embrace her past and what makes Sarah who she is today. Like Chuck said about Jack Burton; he must have done something right at least in part to make Sarah who she is...

It's in the water...it's where you came from



You're the rose that's called from yonder...never sold yourself away


The Sons and Daughters in all their glory... it's gonna shape them



Where you came from...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment